The next Victorian Officials training session will take place on Saturday the 26th of April and Saturday the 3rd of May (2 week course).
Silver Module is the course which takes place over 2 weeks and we encourage all Victorian Car Clubs to send along club members to take part in the training.
Please see below for information about the Silver Module:
Bronze Officials who seek to progress and assume team leader roles in officiating complete this training.
The Silver Module is a generic training module, applicable to all disciplines and focuses on leadership and management.
The Competencies for this module are:
1. Perform management techniques appropriate or relevant to leading a team of officials engaged in the conduct of motor sport events up to a National level.
2. Utilise communication and interpersonal techniques appropriate to dealing with a range of motor sport stakeholders.
3. Apply effective Critical Incident Management Techniques.
4. Identify legal issues impacting on motor sport up to and including National level events.
The training is free and will be presented by a number of CAMS highly experienced officials.
Training will take place at the CAMS National Office, 851 Dandenong Road, Malvern East.
Registration is essential and can be confirmed by contacting Jay Seater on 03 9593 7740 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The following dates are also confirmed for Officials Training in 2014, please register an expression of interest:
- Event Administration – 8th May (rescheduled from the 3rd of April)
- Club Chief – 31st May
- General & Circuit Official + Communications – 14th June
- Scrutiny (Sandown) – 12th & 13th July
- Event Assessor – 3rd and 10th of July
Further information about Officiating with CAMS can be found on the following link http://www.cams.com.au/get-involved/officials