Chris Aggenbach was too good for the competition in round one of the NECC Motorkhana Championship, held at Tarrawingee on Sunday, May 19.
Driving his company car – a Toyota Yaris – Chris finished the event over 20 seconds clear of Jamie King in a Kia Rio, with Alan Lennane third in a Mazda 121.
Luke Whitten was the best of the Under 18 competitors, leading home Cody Richards by eight seconds, while Ashley Lennane took the Under 14 win, ahead of Jesse Brotti.
Perfect weather conditions greeted a small, but enthusiastic field for the event. Rain during the week leading up to the event meant that initially the club grounds were slippery, but they dried out somewhat during the day.
A number of different tests were driven, with reverse gear being given a workout late in the day.
Thanks to the timers (Jeff Whitten and Dennis Allen), the cooking staff (Kurt) and to Ray Wingrave and Chris Aggenbach for their assistance of the day. It was also a great team effort by competitors, who helped to set up the tests on the day.
The next motorkhana will be held at the clubrooms on Sunday, July 21.
1. Chris Aggenbach (Toyota Yaris) 573.62 seconds
2. Jamie King (Kia Rio) 597.42s
3. Alan Lennane (Mazda 121) 601.49s
4. Luke Whitten (Mazda 323) 621.42s
5. Cody Richards (Ford Escort) 629.28s
6. Jason Lennane (Kia Rio) 654.19s
7. Renee Mildren (Mazda 121) 678.14s
8. Ashley Lennane (Mazda 121) 717.03s
9. Fiona Lennane (Kia Rio) 816.31s
10. Jesse Brotti (Kia Rio) 864.42s
CLICK HERE to view photos from the event.